Drinking water has a number of fantastic health benefits in general. Furthermore, we all know that we need to drink 7-8 glasses of water per day to be hydrated. Did you know, though, that drinking water first thing in the morning boosts its advantages even more?
After all, our bodies are 70% water, so being hydrated is critical to keeping them healthy and functioning. Dehydration, on the other hand, can lead to a variety of health problems, both short- and long-term.
However, by drinking water early thing in the morning, you can avoid some of these issues.
How? Continue reading to learn more.
- Drinking water first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth
- Choosing between cold and warm water to drink
- The advantages of drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach
- How to keep your body hydrated at all times
.” -H. Auden. “Water is life’s matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.”
Drinking water first thing in the morning before cleaning your teeth
Drinking water first thing in the morning before cleaning your teeth
Drinking water shortly after you wake up and before brushing your teeth is always a smart idea. Before you begin brushing your teeth, you must first wipe out the bacteria that have grown inside your mouth over the night. As a result, the brushing procedure will be more effective.
Additionally, drinking water first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth will help you avoid further dental issues.
Drinking cold water vs. warm water first thing in the morning
- Well, drinking cold water first thing in the morning refreshes you and boosts your attentiveness.
- On the other hand, drinking warm water first thing in the morning relaxes the body and aids digestion, which is beneficial for those who have gastrointestinal problems. It also aids in the reduction of stress.
Regardless of whether it’s cold or hot water, drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach has it advantages, as you’ll see.
List of Health Benefits of Drinking Water
Here are ten wonderful benefits of drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach that you should know:
1. It increases your metabolic rate.
On an empty stomach, drinking water improves your metabolic rate by 24 percent. Furthermore, a faster metabolism leads to faster digestion, which leads to a better digestive system.
It will be especially beneficial to those of you who are following a strict diet.
2. It improves your alertness.
Dehydration causes your body’s energy levels to drop. Drinking cold water first thing in the morning will offer your body a shock, increasing alertness and assisting you in getting going.
3. It aids in weight loss that is healthy.
Drinking water on an empty stomach helps your body clear itself of toxins, which benefits your digestive system. It also reduces your appetite and makes you feel less hungry than usual. In other terms, it keeps you from gaining weight by preventing you from overeating.
Also, if you aren’t properly hydrated, you may mistake hunger for thirst and overeat.
As a result, it’s critical to drink enough of water, particularly if you’re on a diet.
4. Having regular bowel movements is beneficial.
Drinking water encourages bowel movement and aids in the removal of toxins from the body. As a result, your digestive system will be cleansed, and your body will feel fresh and healthy throughout the day.
If your bowel movements are irregular, it can cause health problems on the long run. As a result, drink plenty of water to help prevent it. The best technique for controlling bowel movements is to drink warm water first thing in the morning.
5. It aids in the relief of heartburn and indigestion.
The discomfort in the upper and mid-chest is known as heartburn. When acid refluxes into your esophagus, this happens. Indigestion, on the other hand, can be caused by a variety of digestive problems.
Acidity is brought down by consuming water on an empty stomach, which further dilutes and cures such difficulties. Audrey Hepburn – “Water is life, and clean water means health”
6. It aids in the prevention of headaches
Dehydration can lead to a variety of problems, including headaches. As a result, drinking plenty of water can help you avoid headaches.
7. It helps in the natural glow of your skin.
The condition of your skin is also affected by a lack of water consumption. Dehydration is the main cause of premature wrinkles and deep pores in the skin.
Drinking water on an empty stomach aids in the removal of toxins from the body and regulates blood flow in the skin, resulting in a healthy glow.
8. It Help in the development of healthy hair.
Water makes up around a quarter of a hair strand. As a result of the lack of water, hair strands become weak, thin, and easily broken.
Drinking water on an empty stomach promotes hair development and enhances hair quality.
If you have hair problems, make it a habit to drink water first thing in the morning and stay hydrated throughout the day. It should be your first natural cure before experimenting with other hair products.
9. It aids in the prevention of kidney stones and infections in the bladder.
As previously said, drinking water on an empty stomach aids in the removal of toxins from the body, making your body more successful in combating infections.
When you consume water on an empty stomach, it dilutes the acids that create kidney stones. It prevents bladder infections and kidney stones in this way.
Water is critical for the proper and consistent operation of your internal organs. The more water you drink, the less likely you are to get bladder infections.
10. It aids in the strengthening of your immune system.
Drinking water first thing in the morning helps your lymphatic system function properly by removing all toxins from your body. As a result, your immune system will be strengthened, allowing you to better fight illnesses and avoid infections.
How can you superhydrate your body first thing in the morning?
Follow these simple guidelines to stay energized and healthy throughout the day and avoid the long-term impacts of dehydration:
- Drinking one litre of water first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth is a good habit to get into. As a result, you should consume four glasses of water after waking up.
If you’re not used to it, I understand that’s too much. Begin with one glass and gradually increase the quantity.
- For the following 45 minutes, don’t consume anything. This is the time it takes for your body to hydrate and clears out toxins.
You can clean your teeth, finish your tasks, and make breakfast in the meanwhile. You can then have your breakfast after 45 minutes.
- Drinking water right before a meal is not a good idea. Instead, wait 30 minutes before eating and drink.
- Also, wait two hours before eating or drinking anything after your meal.
As you can see, there are numerous advantages to drinking water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Make it a point to include this practice in your morning routine. Furthermore, it is the simplest method of establishing a healthy lifestyle for you.